Giving myself a Raise without getting one!

Saving money and getting things cheap!



Thursday, December 17, 2009

Insulating my attic

Today, is the first day of my blogging experience and I hope that you will find some interesting thoughts and ideas from me about money, how to save it, and how to spend it wisely.



I'm currently trying to insulate my attic. It's a cheap way to save a lot of money on energy bills. But, as I am learning don't listen to just anyone on how to do it. Do your research on what its best for your home.



My home is 1 1/2 story single family home built in 1957. The upstairs has "dormer" areas on each side of the 2nd floor. The are, naturally, triangular in shape. The first step that I'm working on is creating a moisture barrier by installing heavy plastic against the dormer wall that faces the inside of the house. My main struggle is getting enough light into the area to see clearly AND it's kind of dirty and cold!

1 comment:

  1. Attic is said to be one of the main causes of the increase in electric and utility bills, especially in older homes. I think the best solution for this is insulating the attic. And I completely agree with you that before installing or putting insulation, it would be best to do a research first so you will be aware of the process. Anyway, how's your attic now?

    Lue Madson

    ReplyDelete