Giving myself a Raise without getting one!

Saving money and getting things cheap!



Friday, December 18, 2009

Paid $1.69 for these items!

I've been taking some time to learn the in & out's of shopping at Walgreens. Have gotten some really good and FREE items in the past month but today was my best day ever. Here is what I purchased for .68 cents and $1.08 in tax: 3 cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce, 2 Snickers candy bars, one 4-pack of Duracell batteries, one 6 oz. tube of Crest Pro Health toothepaste, 1 John Frieda Root Awakening shampoo, 1 John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner. My receipt says I saved $22.71.

I'm going back to Walgreens after work to buy 1 more John Frieda shampoo and 1 more John Frieda conditioner at $6.99 each. I'll be using one $5.00 online Mfg. coupon and two Walgreens coupons for $3.00 of each (they are available at the front of the store in the sale circular rack). So I'll be paying $13.98 - 5.00 - 6.00 = $2.98 and then I'll use a $2.00 Register Rewards coupon that I received last week and my final bill will be .98 cents before tax. We always have to pay the tax!

If they are back in stock, I have a raincheck from Walgreens for Two 32 oz Snuggle Liquid Fabric Softeners for $7.00. I also have two mfg coupons for $2.00 off one fabric softener. So, I'll be paying $7.00 - 2.00 - 2.00 = $3.00 for TWO (before tax) 32 oz Snuggle Liquid Fabric Softeners!

I will still have $5.00 in Register Rewards to spend before 12/30/2009 so am waiting for next Sunday's paper to see what is on sale next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment