Giving myself a Raise without getting one!

Saving money and getting things cheap!



Monday, May 10, 2010

Theeeey're Back!


My favorite birds finally visited the yard this weekend - RIGHT ON SCHEDULE - THE Baltimore Oriole! You see, I've been tracking when they first arrive in the yard for 5 years now and it's ALWAYS the 2nd weekend in May. I've had food and drink out for them for about a month now because of the extremely warm weather we had here in Minnesota but never saw any until this weekend. I'm thinking I have 6 coming into the yard. One three-some (which means they are probably still traveling, probably Up North is their destination and won't return after a day or two) and 3 singles. Believe it or not, after a while you can tell them apart! Hopefully more will be coming in during the week. In year's past I have been lucky enough to have up to 9 in the yard at the same time from now until August. They do eat and drink alot. I average an orange a day, a container of grape jelly lasts about 1 1/2 weeks, and 1 package of nectar per week. A SPENDY hobby because the Robins and House Finches also love this stuff too!
And, while I was sitting on my front step on Sunday the cutest little Titmouse landed in my Burning Bush (not 4 feet away from me) and stayed long enough for me to get a nice up-close look! They are soooooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment