Giving myself a Raise without getting one!

Saving money and getting things cheap!



Monday, March 29, 2010

Great Week for Bargains

If you've thought about starting to follow the sales and coupons this is a great week to begin. There is some great stuff FREE at Walgreens and Cub has some great "stock up" prices this week! $1.96 per pound for cheese is a rock bottom price so I'm stocking up. Did you know that you can freeze cheese? Not in the chunk form, however, grate it up and freeze it. Butter is $.97 per pound. Don't be afraid to stock up on this. It will keep in your frig for 3 months at least - check the expiration date. The last time I bought butter was Christmas so I need to stock up again myself. And the best deal of all for me! Pepsi is $1.98 per 12-pack. I'll be buying 12 to 16 this week which will set me up for quite a while. I'll be making at least 3 trips to Cub this week and grabbing Pepsi, butter, and cheese each time. I also picked up some strawberries for $1.50 a pound. Not a bad price for fresh fruit! There are a whole bunch of other items on stock up prices so GO for it!

Also, I checked out Aldi's over the weekend. The last time I went there was several years ago in Rochester. This time I went to the one in Faribault. I am impressed! The store was spotless and neat. The fresh fruits and vegetables were absolutely beautiful. I bought a pineapple for $1.49 (a rock bottom price) and it's the sweetest ever. I also picked up 3 pounds of oranges for $1.29. I have had better but with the freezes in Florida and elsewhere hurting the harvest I think these were just fine. I will return to Aldi's.

Also, I noticed fresh flower bouquets at Aldi's for $2.98. This is a "rock bottom" price. Something to keep in mind if you need one of those quick gifts or to adorn your table.

I checked out Menards on my way home last Friday and believe it or not the garden hose that I wanted to get was on CLEARANCE. I used my insulation rebate and bought 2 hoses. Oh, happy day, I can now through my clunker hoses away!

No comments:

Post a Comment