Giving myself a Raise without getting one!

Saving money and getting things cheap!



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laundry Detergent Experiment

I have always heard that we ALL use way to much laundry detergent to wash our clothes and that the excess detergent slowly damages our washing machines so in early January I thought that I would try to actually get 32 Loads of laundry from a bottle of detergent. (That is what the bottle said it had in it.)

I normally poured in 1/2 of a capful into a load of laundry. For the experiment I poured in 1/2 of that amount or about 1/4 of a capful. Over the next several weeks I noticed that my laundry was coming out just as clean as it always had - no exceptions. I also kept track of the amount of loads of laundry.

Believe it or not I did get 32 loads of laundry by using 1/2 the amount of detergent that I had normally used. Unbelieveable! Think about it, I now am using 50% less detergent per wash so my detergent expense is now 50% less and I am saving wear and tear on my washing machine as well.

It all adds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment